CanAirIO Bike try to motivate collaboration from cyclists or people that use it to have mobile tracks of air quality. We have two new device versions, CanAirIO bike with PM2.5 sensors (Sensirion SPS30) and CanAirIO CO2 (Sensirion SCD30), the latter for sensing the right ventilation in indoors to reduce COVID-19 risk.
These devices able to work in standalone mode without clouds, apps, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. but also you could have the next features:
- Citizen Science community
- CanAirIO is Open-Source / Open-Design / Open-Access
- Two modes: mobile (Bluetooth) or fixed station (WiFi)
- AQI graph with colors for PM and CO2 values
- Standard Bluetooth low energy device (GATT)
- Automatic remote firmware updates
- Two action buttons with some shortcuts
- Good quiescent current ~173uA
- USB Type C interface (support charging on power off)
Mobile station features
- GPS data tagging via CanAirIO app using Bluetooth Low Energy
- Two device faces: Air quality or Bike mode screens for now.
- Some built-in functions: Brightness, AQI graph, sample time, Wifi On/Off, calibration, etc.
Fixed station features
- CanAirIO cloud alternative : Basic remote dashboard and database
- Custom InfluxDb alternative: Store all data in your own instance
- MQTT clouds (coming soon)
- Sensor Community and other open clouds (coming soon)
Quick start guide
|Specs||CanAirIO Bike||CanAirIO CO2|
|Main board||TTGO T-Display||TTGO T-Display|
|Air quality sensor||Sensirion SPS30 (PM)||Sensirion SCD30 (CO2)|
|Environment sensor||AM2320 T&H||SCD30 T&H|
|Sensors Units||PM (1.0,2.5,10 mg/u³),°C,%RH||CO2 (PPM),°C, %RH|
|Track Units||Kms, HH:MM:SS||Kms, HH:MM:SS|
|Firmware updates||OTA / remote||OTA / remote|
|Recommended on||Outdoor**/ Indoor||Indoor|
|Dimmensions||57x24x101 (mm)||57x20x87 (mm)|
|CPU||ESP32 Espressif||ESP32 Espressif|
|240MHz Xtensa® Dual core||240MHz Xtensa® Dual core|
|802.11 b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n|
|v4.2 BLE standard||v4.2 BLE standard|
|Battery||650mAh ~ >=4h||650mAh >= 10h|
Main parts that you need are the next, but maybe you could have this components in different shops.
|TTGO T-Display||1||Aliexpress, Amazon|
|Sensirion SPS30||1||Aliexpress, Mouser *|
|M2 screws box **||1||Amazon|
|Step Up DC-DC to 5v||1||Aliexpress|
|Battery 650-800 mAh 3.7v ***||1||Aliexpress|
|Magnets box (optional)||1||Amazon|
|Heat shrink box (optional)||1||Aliexpress|
- The SPS30 in Mouser, needs buy the cable independent 1,2.
- Screws M2x4(4), M2x5(8), M2x6(2), M2x7(2).
- Similar battery, same voltage, similar capacity but with dimensions max: 48x30x6 mm.
3D Printer box
Please enter here for details and download these files.
Complete list of steps and instructions here.
Please note that it is a general diagram, for details of pin connections please review the datasheet of each component. For example the next diagrams:
SPS30 pinout diagram
AM2320 pinout diagram
We have some alternatives for upload the last firmware for this version, please review the alternatives here
You should be choose the firmware with the name: TTGO_TDISPLAY for CanAirIO Bike.
For review our disclaimer, policy privacy and warranty of CanAirIO Bike device. please enter here